“Mussels and linguine in a spicy tomato broth are very flavorful. To provide the correct ambiance, serve by candlelight with a crusty French bread and a bottle of wine.”
304 Calories per serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 8 ounces linguini pasta
- 1 lemon – cut into wedges, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and saute garlic until transparent.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes to skillet; reduce heat to low to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- Add wine and mussels to skillet; cover and increase heat to high for 3 to 5 minutes or until mussel shells are open.
- Pour over hot pasta, sprinkle with parsley and squeeze lemon wedge over all. Garnish with remaining lemon and serve.