Health Coaching is an emerging practice being used by more and more employers and health care plans. They are integrating health coaching with their respective health management initiatives as part of the overall benefits package for employees and Executive Management. Although health coaching is not a new practice, its evolving methodology and the availability of different delivery styles (e.g. face-to-face, online and by telephone) have created new options for health improvement, risk reduction, disease management and overall employee life balance.
Primary goals of health coaching for corporations are the same as for individuals. It’s a way to improve employees work life balance and live a healthier lifestyle.
Employees Goals for good health:
- Develop action able health goals for personal needs such as lifestyle management, physical activity, healthily eating habits, stress reduction and chronic health conditions
- Help improve sleep, energy and personal effectiveness
- Achieve and maintain goals
Organization Goals for good health:
- Reduce health risks that are associated with higher health costs.
- Reduce overall healthcare cost trends by targeting and managing health risks and chronic health conditions.
- Increase on the job productivity.
- Create a “ culture of health”.
- Increase the total value of investments in employee health management.